If we had a tiny housewarming party, these are the remaining items we’d put on our list:
- A step stool that is high enough for me (5’2″) to comfortably reach the boxes in our storage loft, but small enough to put away (eg, foldable). (In an ideal world, it’s not totally ugly, but most of the step stools I’ve seen aren’t going to win design awards.)
- A pair of outdoor chairs: comfortable to sit and work with our laptops for a few hours during the day, but also lounge-y enough to read or just gaze out at the view.
- A side table of sorts that doubles as a bit more storage for miscellaneous daily-use items (car keys, sunglasses, wallets, etc.), which can fit in the front corner next to our front door. (Bonus points if it has wheels.)
- A mattress, as I’ve got bruises on my sides from sleeping on our loft’s wooden floor this week. New mattress, I am ready for you. (Luckily, our two twin XLs are coming today.)
- Solar outdoor lights: at night, it’s quite dark but not impossible to see, and I actually hate flashlights and prefer my eyes to naturally adjust to the dark. A few mini solar lights along the plot might be nice, though I’m still debating whether they’re necessary.
I’m sure there are a few more things, but those are the main wishlist items.