Once part of the Friedrichstadt-Passage, a shopping arcade built in 1907, this building — Kunsthaus Tacheles — was hit by bombs during air raids in World War II. The Nazis also used it as an administrative space, and threw French prisoners on the fifth floor. Post-war, left in ruins by the government (with no money to fix it), the building was discovered and taken over by artists in 1990. The art collective center is now closed.
Canon G11, 2011.